There are numerous implementations of Forth. This page is intended to provide an overview of all known implementations. Many Forth systems have been ported to different operating systems and CPUs. Some run only on specific platforms.
- StandAloneForth stand-alone Forth, Forth-OS, embedded.
- MultiPlatformForth Forths for different Operating Systems
- Forths for one specific Operational System:
- CrossForth Cross compiling and/or "Umbilical" Forths
- Other Forths, not fitting the above categories
- Forthmacs predecessor of OpenBoot, running on Sparc, RiscOS, Sun, MacIntosh, Atari...
- not (yet) categorized Forths, or missing links
- Object Oriented Forth or Extensions
- colorForth is a family of Forths that uses colour to replace punctuation. Mostly meant and implemented as StandAloneForth, some colorForths, mostly for training- and evaluation purposes, are running under a host operating system.
There's also a graphical Forth Family Tree which (while not covering every Forth system) is quite nice for showing how the various Forths interrelate.